I have said before, birth is like heading into battle. It is a very spiritual experience that can be emotionally and physically demanding.
If we know we are heading into a battle, we need to be prepared!
One of the best things we can do to prepare for labor and the birthing process is to prepare our hearts. Everyone remembers to get the nursery ready and prepare to bring baby home, but our hearts as a new parent of a new blessing gets placed nonchalantly on the back-burner.
The best tool you can have when heading into a spiritual battle is arguably a double-edged sword (although the full armor of God is SO VERY necessary 😉 ) As we prepare to welcome our precious new blessing into our homed and families, lets us prepare our hearts for the battle that birth AND parenting are.
My Favorite 10 Bible Verses for Labor and Delivery
We don’t have to carry the things that hinder us when we fix our eyes on Jesus!
1) …let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus… Hebrews 12: 1-2
We know where to go when we are weary!
2) Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
He is with us and stands beside us!
3) Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
He is with us and we belong to him. We will not be overwhelmed or consumed!
4) But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. Isaish 43: 1-2 (Emphasis mine)
We can be strong and confident even in battle because the Lord is our light and our salvation!
5) The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident.Psalms 27:1,3
We can know who He is and how much He loves us!
6) The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you with his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. Zephaniah 3:17
7) God is our refuge and strength, a very present[b] help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah Psalms 46: 1-3
8) Yet she will be savedthrough childbearing—if she and her husband continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control. 1 Timothy 2:15 (Emphasis mine)
9) For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139: 13-14
10) “Do I bring to the moment of birth and not give delivery?” says the Lord. “Do I close up the womb when I bring to delivery?” says your God. Isaiah 66:9
What verses help prepare your heart for labor and delivery?
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- 7 Strategies to Love your Kids Well - January 18, 2018
- 11 Methods to Conquer the Homeschool Slump - January 18, 2018
- Getting Back on Track With Meal Planning After the Holidays - January 17, 2018